The purpose of our assistance was to support the creation of a single high quality Vocational Education and Training system in accordance with the following three specific objectives:
• System delivery: Enabling rationalised and decentralised school delivery through the creation of four fully functioning Regional Training VET Schools/Centres;
• System development: The development of a demand-oriented VET system and approximation to VET methodology in the EU countries through the carrying out of a systematic labour market needs analysis at local level, reviewing of the existing occupational standards, development of a provisional national qualifications framework as well as introduction of new modular/competency-based curricula;
• Institution building: Support the progressive VET reform process at the national level through reinforcing the capacity of the newly established VET Council and helping to design a new National Vocational Training Agency (NVETA).
Specific activities included:
• Occupational Standards;
• National Qualifications Framework;
• Modularised competency-based curricula;
• Creation of a National VET Agency ;
• Creation of 4 regional Centres;
• Improving the effectiveness of the VET school network;
• Developing the professional capacity of VET teachers/instructors;
• Raising the capabilities of VET principals.