As part of a broader restructuring of the Croatian labour market, this project provided support in the pursuit of the following specific objectives:
• To further institutional development of the employment services;
• To provide and test the effectiveness of demand-driven labour redeployment services for workers displaced by enterprise restructuring and privatisation.
The results delivered were the following:
• Labour market information methods reviewed and discussed with stakeholders;
• Methodology for qualitative labour market surveys agreed and pilot surveys carried out in the (4) macro-regions (north, east, south, west) covering the whole Croatian territory;
• Models of career assessment/ orientation instruments and related educational information developed;
• Software modules for CES were designed and made operational, as a support to the LMR project activities;
• Labour redeployment fund operational (the Fund is to be sustained beyond this project), procedures for the provision of labour redeployment services were defined, its staff was duly trained and it provides specific services;
• Mobility centres were set up and operational;
• Gross impact of the labour redeployment services were evaluated and recommendations for improved impact are delivered.