Improvement of the organization and performance of the treasury system through the strengthening of the capacity to manage the State’s financial resources, according to the European standards.
More specifically, the project aimed at:
• Improving the legal framework in the field of treasury and public debt in order to manage the maximum efficiency and minimum risks the State’s financial resources;
• Inspiring dynamism to the public securities primary and secondary market through the implementation of the new regulation regarding the public securities transactions;
• Improving the management system of the State Treasury and the public debt through the implementation of reliable liquidities prognosis system, which provides information and analysis for substantiating the decisions regarding the financing of the deficit;
o The design, development and implementation of a computer based system/ a set of tools to consolidate, compile and access reliable and timely information for decision-making/ and develop manuals and apply operating procedures adequate to the IT activity. The development of the specific software;
o The improvement of reporting standards – to provide information to the government policy-makers and managers, as well as to the legislature and the public;
o Personnel training in order to improve the capacity regarding the management of the Treasury liquidities, the optimization of financial flows and the development of operations specific to the management of the Single Current Account of the State Treasury;
• Training courses to civil servants in elaborating norms for improved treasury activities and management and public debt management;
• Training to civil service staff in IT software use.